Thursday, December 22, 2022

Yay! Hooray!

 

After a period of almost 6 weeks with almost no birds in the fountain (frowny face), I saw all of these birds within about 20 minutes this afternoon. (Not helping matters: the fountain was unplugged/empty for several weeks to deal with a slow leak.)

Above, a yellow-rumpled warbler and female bluebird (!!!!) share the fountain. I have never ever seen bluebirds in our fountain, so I almost peed myself (LOL) with excitement.


The yellow-rumped warbler, so pretty.

Not a great photo, but you can really see the "yellow rump." And that female bluebird, so cute.
Here you can see her blue feathers.
And the male!!!! It's a rather crappy photo as I had to shoot through a glass door with a serious reflection; the computer has "enhanced" it--best I can do. 
Our friends the house finches, male and female.

A towhee, doing their funny kick kick kick in the mulch, stirring up tiny insects.
The Allen's hummingbird, perched in the pomegranate tree again...

And flying overhead, a flock of parrots. Hooray! Yay!

No comments: