Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The End

 Radiation is over! This is the machine to which I was hooked up, via an implant in my breast, twice a day for five days. It was a pretty unpleasant experience on the whole, but I feel incredibly grateful that this treatment was available to me. The radiation oncology team were all extremely kind and good at their jobs...
It is tradition to ring a bell when you complete radiation treatment. Pre-COVID days, your family could come in and sometimes the staff would come out and everyone would applaud the conclusion of your treatment.

I rang it once, all by myself. And that was just fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been a brave, strong, resolute woman throughout. I'd say I could not love you more, but I could: tomorrow. B/xxx

vivi said...

Oh, my sweet girl--may this be the last time
and may that evil, horrible monster have left
your body forever and ever. Love you so much. v