Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Um...

 


I bought two tiny succulents in pots to plant in the birdbath (which is filled with succulents, not water). I put the pots in the birdbath, meaning to plant them when I got a chance. I looked out, and I noticed that one was gone, nowhere to be seen around the yard. We joked that the squirrel carted it off, running off on its two back legs while holding on to the pot with its front ones and yelling "Wheeeee." Then we speculated that a bird carried it off. Lo and behold, there it is, on top of the carport, plant still inside the pot. (It has now been retrieved.)

We had quite a rainstorm yesterday, and today I was outside looking around to see how everything fared. And, lo and behold, on top of the house I spotted this: a succulent that had actually been planted in the birdbath (I know it looks odd--it is lying on its side, roots on the left.) 

Um....WTF? What bird is doing this, and why? Inquiring minds would very much like to know! We are blaming the crows, but who knows? (Hey, that rhymes!).


No comments: