Monday, February 25, 2008

Cool Japanese Things (Aren't They All?)

Isn't this too sweet? It's a ring made entirely from recycled kimono fabric. So elegant.


It's sitting atop this piece of fabric (not sure exactly what its purpose is; it is quite wide and much bigger than, say, a tea towel), which is illustrating aspects of making tea. Both of these cool objects were given to me by my cool friend Robin.

This? I bought this issue of Cotton Time for myself as I was (ahem) Christmas shopping (for myself? No, no, for other people, really!) at Mitsuwa. It came with a calendar, people, with a project a month . . . how could I possible resist? And no, I don't read Japanese, but lots of other bloggers seem to be able to figure out how to make things from Japanese craft books and magazines. I think I can, I think I can!


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Why do you do this to me? I have enough obsessions and now you give me the japanese crafting stuff. I already have a really cute japanese newspaper bag, from that great little shop on SM blvd, that is begging me to do my own version. Yes, begging, it sits there and says "wouldn't you rather make one of me instead of tossing that newsprint into recycling?"