Monday, June 15, 2009

Nursery Time

I thoroughly enjoyed my latest visit to the local nursery. In addition to this lovely wagonload o' annuals--my cutting garden was a disaster this spring since almost none of the seeds germinated (mysteriously)--here are some other things that made me smile:
Miss Socks, who meow-quacks at you to encourage you to continue petting her.
Butterfly No. 1 enjoying a zinnia.
Butterfly No. 2 snacking on what I believe is a so-called teddy bear type of sunflower (though I'm not positive what flower it is...).
And our old friend Miss Apis, scurrying around this sunflower. Her pollen bags were not loaded, so I'm not sure exactly what she was doing...
"Meow-quack!"

2 comments:

shari said...

enjoyed your post. cats and flowers are a great combo @ my house, too. they make me smile, they make me laugh out loud. little drops of bliss to my heart. thanks for sharing yours...

Various and Sunday said...

Wow, the house is going to be lovely with all the new color. And i love that tuxedo kitty! meow-quack!