Thursday, December 19, 2013

Happy Place

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 Fake tiger...
 Real duck...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My sweet friend treated me to a trip to Disneyland this week (thank you!). Lovely weather, not too crowded, the park was quite festive, and ice cream was consumed.

We got TOTALLY soaked on Splash Mountain. Yes, I know it's called "Splash" Mountain, but this was beyond ridiculous. We had to wring out our clothes, and several people actually laughed at me as I walked off the ride because my hair was plastered to my head.

When you ride the kids' rides in Fantasyland, you really notice just how psychedelic many of them are...it's like, wow, man. Look at the lurid colors in the Winnie the Pooh ride (and Pooh looks a bit demented, actually)--not sure what A.A. Milne might have thought about that!

The lighting of the tree was nice. And that adorable bundle of puppy up there was being trained as a guide dog. So calm and mellow...you can't see it, but he's wearing a button that says "First Visit." Cute! 

2 comments:

Annette said...

Thanks for sharing the magic. I can't believe I've never been there!!!

JuJu said...

This is as close as I ever like to get to mouse world. Your pictures ALMOST make me want to go! :-)