Monday, May 28, 2007

Some Things I've Made Recently

I like to make things. I like to knit, embroider, sew, bake (that's a strawberry pie over there); I wouldn't say I'm an expert at any of these, but that's OK. I also like to try other arts/crafts occasionally, as evidenced below.
















This is a ceramic tile made at my friend Ellen's studio. Someone noted that it looks as if an eight-year-old made it--fair enough, perhaps, but I prefer the term "naif."











This is a piece I made in a collage class. The subject is bees, a topic with which I am absolutely obsessed. The interior is beeswax, and the outside of the box is also coated with melted beeswax, which smells heavenly. As I was working on this project, one day I found a dead bee on the floor of my bathroom. I think she was telling me she wanted to be a part of my bee box, so she is pinned to the center (there is a magnifier, which is hidden, so that you can look at the bee more closely).







The lid of the box.
















Creativity...it should be fed and nourished (and it's nice when the result feeds and nourishes us!).

1 comment:

Various and Sunday said...

I love your assortment of craftiness. Wow, how productive of you. I seriously need to get moving! Love the bee collage!!