Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Magical Marvelous Musee Mechanique

This, my friends, is one of my favorite places EVER. It's the Musee Mecanique (warning: there is sound when you click on this link and on the link below), on Pier 45 in San Francisco. It's fantastic...it used to be in the basement of Cliff House, but when it was remodeled they moved to Fisherman's Wharf.
The sound you hear when you click on the Musee Mecanique website above is from this lady, Laughing Sal; she was (allegedly...controversy as to whether this is the one that was really there) at the entrance to Playland at the Beach, a beloved San Francisco amusement park, for years, until they tore it down.





This vending machine is their "gift shop"--love it! Ah, it makes me so happy that places like this still exist...

1 comment:

Various and Sunday said...

Waaaaaaay cool! Now I feel like I've visited the glorious Musee... Great pics.