Monday, March 24, 2008

How Much Fun Can You Have for a Dollar?

OK, be honest: how many of you out there could have resisted this (admittedly gnarly) box at an estate sale or yard sale? I had to have it, and I spent about an hour digging through it.



Inside: a lot of utter crap, a lot of decorations and gift bags not to my taste, some vintage wrapping paper that I kept (and a lot that I didn't)...and these little plastic gems. What the heck is UP with these elves(?)--why are they posed like that, and what are the black things on them that look rather like big bugs? What do you think their story is? Weird and creepy, but in a good way!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I think perhaps they are not Santa's elves, but Satan's elves...

Anonymous said...

Good for you, for a buck, you can't go wrong.

Various and Sunday said...

All I can tell you is, Martha had two sets of them! Sans the black bugs, but strangely posed nonetheless! Crazy elves unite! Let's bring them all to coffee and sit them on our table all crazy-like. Weeeeeeeeee!