Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Capital Trip: Part Five (Garden Edition)

Y'all know I love to take photos of flowers, and it's no different when I'm on vacay. These first two are from the Smithsonian garden...
The rest of these are from Hillwood, the estate of Marjorie Merriweather Post...those millions of boxes of cereal (she was the four-times-married Post and General Foods heiress) bought a LOT of pretty! No photos were allowed inside the house, alas. The gardens were lovely--all of the flower arrangements inside the house were made up of blooms from the gardens and greenhouse.



A bird, in a birdbath, taking a bird bath.








Really lovely...makes me want to go and plant some seeds in my woebegone cutting garden!

2 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

You really got some great pictures!! Good job.
Annette

JuJu said...

Everything is so much prettier through your eyes!

I love that birdy!!

vieraph (WTF?)

Tommy got lost when he forgot to consult his vieraph.