Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tasty Yummy

A yummy breakfast of green tea with ginger and homemade banana bread. Everyone, I know, has favorite family recipes for banana bread, but this one is super easy and has NO added fat--no butter, no margarine, no shortening, no oil. If you take care to not over bake it, it is really moist and delicious.

Banana Bread (from Fannie Farmer)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix in a bowl
* 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
* 2 eggs, beaten until light

Sift together
* 2 cups flour
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Add
* 1/2 cup nuts (I use walnuts, and usually a bit more than 1/2 cup), coarsely chopped

Stir well. Put in a buttered loaf pan, 9 by 5 inches.

Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees (recipe says 1 hour, in my oven it only needs to be in for about 55 minutes).

Super easy, super good! If you give it a try, let me know...

1 comment:

Various and Sunday said...

ooh! I love when tried and true recipes are posted. makes it so easy. especially since I've been known to make a baaaad banana bread in my day. they could be used to lay out a walkway. but you know me and backing. yikes! thanks Ms. S.!