Monday, April 30, 2012

Delicioso

We had yummy Mexican food on Friday at Ranas, in Spring Valley. It's food from Mexico City (as the sign indicates), so unusual dishes are on the menu.
Delicious: a michelada (beer, tomato juice, lime juice, spices around the rim).
This is a huarache--fried masa (as in a tamal), covered with various yumminess; this one had potatoes.
And this: this is a quesadilla made with huitlacoche, which a fungus called corn smut. Yes, really! Soooo tasty. And the green things at the side? Nopales, or prickly pear cactus pads (they taste a bit like sauteed green peppers). Yum to the yum yum! P.S.: Anyone else HATE this new Blogger template? I do, I do! Why can't I make this on its own paragraph? Because the text is inserted as "captions." Because I couldn't figure out how to make space in between pix to insert text. ARGH AND DOUBLE ARGH!


4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Looks sooooo yummy!!!! I could eat Mexican, et al food everyday (in between Italian food, ha!)
We tried a Peruvian/Mexican place here and I can't stop craving it!

I haven't had a problem with the new template yet... I just go through the options until I find the one that works like the old one I'm used to. It's like they re-labeled the options. But, I agree, why do they keep changing things?!?!?! I'm not an old fuddy duddy that doesn't like change but, c'mon!!! It really gets more complicated than simpler. Tisk, tisk on the geeks!
hugs!
kat

JuJu said...

They were advertising a Michelada at our little place on Friday night. How was it? Did you enjoy it?

I always feel like it's Me V. Blogger. Blogger always wins.

Colleen said...

Everything looks so good!

As for the new blogger...I feel like JuJu does. I had a hard enough time getting the old one down and then they go and change it. Why??????

Andy's Attic said...

Food looks yummy! Have you tried clicking on the picture and when the options come up just choose "add comment"...then you can space all you want until the next picture and just do the same thing.