Friday, March 27, 2009

Five Senses Friday

Sight
Ranunculus from my cutting garden...first time I've tried to grow them.
Sound
My beloved goldfinches are back in force this year. I don't really have them in my garden, but they sit in a tall tree just over the fence in my neighbor's yard and give forth with their sweet songs. (That's not a goldfinch above, alas, but I *think* it's some sort of finch.)

Taste
Irish soda bread from St. Patrick's Day--it was a BIG loaf, so we ate it for more than a week (and may I just say, yum!).
Smell
Sweet peas...I really can't get enough of their fragrance. I close my eyes and just inhale...
Touch
I found this gorgeous bee lying on the ground (RIP, Miss Bee) when I was walking the dog...such amazing creatures. They're really quite soft and downy...

4 comments:

Various and Sunday said...

Nice array of photos. I love the one of the finch - the composition is really great. And the sweet, downy bee. Awww. Sweet of you to pick her up, and give her a proper place to "be" as she journeys to bee heaven. :o) I love when people show respect for the tiny ones.

Anonymous said...

I seen that Irish bread on Martha Stewart the other day. I have not tried it yet. I will have to do that.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set of photos. The one of the bee just made me scream! Reminds me of Honey I Shrunk the Kids, somehow :P

jessica said...

That first flower picture is so pretty! Great FSF post!