Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kitchen Poetry: Day Two

End-of-season tomato tart...um, yum! And also, yum! (Made by my personal chef, darling B., of course. If you see sweets on this blog, they're made by me; if they're savory, they're the handiwork of B.--I know, I know, I'm a lucky girl.)

This photo was not taken today because, wonders of wonders, we FINALLY got a grey and rainy day (making successful photography almost impossible in my kitchen). What an exciting day: an election and precipitation!

And by the way: how amazingly thrilling is it to go to your polling place and vote? I swear, today especially, I got almost teary with the emotion of it. We ran into neighbors, which is lovely--love that community vibe--and because we vote in an elementary school, there were lots of little ones running around. A great experience, all in all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy kitchen poetry week!!!!

JuliaB said...

hehe... a blog which is celebrating rain! You obviously don't live in the UK... guess what .. it's raining .. now there's a change .. NOT .. i wonder if we could arrange a swap? You have some of our rain, and we;ll have some of your sunshine? Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am having a good old read of yours now. x